The May Revise of the Governor’s Budget included some information which provides funding for several benefit and salary improvements to excluded employees related to Bargaining Units 6 and 10.
Bargaining Unit 6 - Corrections:
- 3% General Salary Increase effective 6/1/2016 (first day pay period following ratification); 3% GDI effective July 1, 2017 and 3% GSI effective July 1, 2018.
- PD165 Senior Peace Officer Pay Differential – 1% for each step.
- Increase uniform allowance from $530 to $950.
- Physical fitness included in base salary. (Effective June 1, 2016)
- R & R increase to $2,600 and add Pelican Bay, California Correctional Center and High Desert State Prisons. (Effective June 1, 2016)
- Housing stipend increase to $200 for Correctional Training Facility, San Quentin and Salinas Valley State Prisons. (Only applies to correctional Counselor II (Sup.))
The following additional benefit for BU 6 has been proposed and is under review by CalHR:
- Change in definition of hours worked – allows time off for Jury Duty, Subpoenaed Witness and Military Leave to be counted as time worked for the purpose of overtime calculations.
Bargaining Unit 10 – Professional Scientific:
- 5% General Salary Increase for July 1, 2016 is included in the proposed budget and subject to budget approval. Future years will be addressed in the context of future budget year deliberations.
The following benefits for BU 10 have been proposed and are under review by CalHR:
- Lodging rate increases.
- Private aircraft mileage reimbursement rate increase from $0.50 to $1.29.
- Time off for organ and bone marrow donation.
At this time, we do not have any additional information for salary increases or benefit improvements for excluded employees related to other bargaining units. As always, ACSS strives to improve working conditions and pay for excluded employees. We will keep you informed with any new updates to salary and benefits in the future.