Voting is now CLOSED for the 2015 ACSS Chapter Elections.
>> Click here for a detailed listing of
Electoral Candidates by Chapter.
Chapter Position Descriptions
- Manage the business and affairs of the chapter.
- Supervise the activities of all other Officers and agents of the Chapter.
- Preside over all meetings of the members and chapter executive committee.
- Maintain relationships with ACSS and other chapters.
- Assume and discharge the responsibilities of the President while the President is unable to do so.
- In the event of vacancy in the office of President, the Vice President shall perform the duties of President until such vacancy has been filled.
- Shall keep or cause to be kept, and shall maintain in the safe place:
- The minutes of all meetings and action of the chapter, its chapter, executive committee, other committees, and the membership;
- The Chapter's membership records, including the class of standing of all members;
- File with ACSS Headquarters a duly authenticated copy of its bylaws, and of each amendment at and when adopted; and
- All of the correspondence, documents, and other records of the Chapter.
- Supervise the nomination and election process.
- Accredit the Delegate(s) and Alternate Delegate(s).
- Deposit the Chapter's funds
- Review and reconcile bank statements
- Render an account of the transactions and the financial position of the Chapter.
- Keep and maintain adequate and correct books and accounts of the Chapter's properties and transactions.
- Oversee the collection of all amounts owed to the Chapter and the payment of all the obligations of the Chapter.
- Attends ACSS Delegate Assembly and CSEA General Council.
- Elects the directors of ACSS.
- Serves on committees of the Delegate Assembly.
- ACSS Delegate Assembly Delegates review business affairs of ACSS.
- CSEA General Council Delegates Review business affairs of the California State Employees Association at General Council.